Sunday, June 14, 2009

DAY FIVE & SIX

I thought I’d write the next two days together, I don’t want to bore everyone with continual examining of my food habits. Friday and Saturday are the weekend days in Dubai so it makes sense. Friday is the Muslim’s El-Gumah (Religious) day which incidentally doesn’t co-inside with Christians Sabbath Day or ‘Sunday, day of rest’. Muslims believe God needs no rest day. Friday is a day for public worship. Anyway after that little RE lesson back to my eating. Woke up at 9 and ate a bowl of Rice Krispies, not slowly but not particularly quickly either. Still no gym visit though. I been having a continuous dream though where I have huge purple stretch marks or my legs, I looked this up and it apparently means ‘I am over-extending myself to others and not paying enough attention to myself’, I think it’s because I haven’t been shopping since May. We didn’t have any lunch – we ate breakfast quite late and I’d been guzzling water all day so I really wasn’t hungry. I haven’t read the book either since Thursday. I don’t feel like I have enough time, seriously this Sex and the City box set is taking over my life, thank god I’ve finished it...and the film. More time for Paul. We had fish and chips for tea – yes FISH AND CHIPS in Dubai. We’ve found a brilliant little place in the Marina and they actually taste like English Fish & Chips with smelly curry sauce and everything. The kind of curry sauce that’s still coming out of your pores 3 days later. I Love it. BUT!! A miracle has happened, no chocolate. Not one small little piece of chocolate. The first time all week. I feel as though the first few novelty days of the book have worn off. Really the ‘novelty’ should last more than 5 days. I’m, definitely going to press on and next week, I’m even going to try the gym.
Saturday morning was the same as Friday, Rice Krispies about 11am. My friend was coming over from International Shit-Hole. I call it this because it stinks...of poo. Whenever I drive there I regularly find myself chewing my way through someone else’s arse.honestly its that bad. It would be quite a nice area if it wasn’t next to a sewage plant. We were molesting the pool so I though I’d get a few length in, no such luck. We sat talking for about 4 hours. It’s surprising how tiring doing nothing is. And I didn’t get my afternoon nap. Oops forgot to mention that from yesterday, I had a 3 hour nap. I love my afternoon naps. Sometimes I only have an hour, sometime I have 4. I don’t know how I go all day at work without a nap, god I’m sounding old now! The other half had to visit the bank in Mall Of Emirates which used to be the largest Mall in the Middle East till it was pipped to the post by the Dubai Mall. Almightily pipped, the Dubai Mall has over 1000 shops in it. I’ve visited it, it’s a shopper’s heaven and probably a sane mans hell and it’s huge. People actually visit there for their early morning exercise when it’s too hot to exercise outside; I think the only think I’d be exercising is my purse – up and down Fashion Avenue. Back to the Mall of Emirates. We decided to eat at TGI Fridays. TGI Fridays pop up everywhere, I once had there ribs and my advice – never try them. They’re made of gristle and fat...gross. I ordered the Mushroom Chicken with Mushrooms. I like mushroom, I can’t understand those weirdo’s that don’t and they don’t taste like rubber or have a funny texture. There yummy and are as versatile as potatoes. The chicken came though and it was disgusting – like a large lump or rubber with some soggy breading on it. I had about 3 bites and it made me want to vomit. I don’t think i’m going to eat at TGI’s again – fucking ribs are fat, chicken’s like rubber. I knew I should’ve gone for a steak. My friend asked me if it was Pauls work though. I never even thought of this. It can’t be though, we did have chicken wings before so maybe they filled me up, or maybe the chicken was just shit. The next bit embarrassed me. A lot of British people tend not to complain in restaurant. I’m not sure if it’s the stiff upper lip thing. I’ve never complained to a waiter or waitress. I did once asked to be moved because the air conditioning in a pub was freezing and the waitress looked at me like I’d killed her gran, I daren’t eat anything then, clearly sure she was going in the back to spit in my burger. My friend is South African and apparently they complain so when the waitress came over – complain she did. I didn’t think anything was going to be said ha-ha I was mortified. I couldn’t not say anything now, to be fair the waitress was really nice and asked if I would like another menu to choose something else. I didn’t since the chicken had made me feel incredibly queasy, and I could hear Paul in my ‘sub-conscious’ telling me I was full so stop eating. So she was going to take the meal off the bill. Amazing! Did this always happen? I think it might’ve open the flood gates now though to a point where I might even complain again. Will it work if I eat my meal then tell them it tastes like shit but I was forced to eat it since I’ve haven’t eaten since breakfast and I’m so ravenous. Maybe not. Anyway, dinner over, vomit feeling still present time to make our way home so I could hug the toilet. Hugging the toilet and no alcohol to provide a decent excuse. And more progress.....erm I was going to write a day with no chocolate but I just remembered I had a Twix. The joys of selective eating memory J

No comments: